Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Conditioners and such things

Wow, ten whole days have passed since the last post here, and I didn't even notice.

Yesterday I saw a young man, a college goer, buying conditioner for his hair. Funny, I have managed to spend and enjoy fifty years of life without feeling the need for such things. And it was a coincidence that the same day I read an article  in The Telegraph titled 'Secrets of beauty' written by Ashok Desai: the author, an economist of some repute, is advising Indians to work less hard and spend more time and money on looking good. I wonder how many readers will even understand that this essay was written with tongue firmly planted in cheek...

1 comment:

Tanmoy said...

Dear Suvroda

I hear fairness creams are quite popular among Indian boys these days.

I wonder whether the conditioner will help the young man retain his "babri".

Mr. Desai's article was indeed a nice read.

Regards
Tanmoy