Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Marital bliss!

My mobile service provider keeps sending me a free joke every day, and an inordinate number of those are about the nasty side of marriage! One said the wife complained to her husband 'Dismiss this driver at once - he nearly got me killed!' to which the husband replied, 'Please give him one more chance...' and another defined marriage as a ceremony which involves putting rings on the fingers of a woman and chains on the hands and feet of a man. It must be a rabid misogamist who thinks up and circulates jokes like these. Strange that women subscribers haven't started protesting in large numbers. Or is it that they merely smirk, and don't care a hoot?

1 comment:

Shilpi said...

! Asimov in that book I'm still sitting on wonders, rues, and even gets angry over the almost exact same thing: why is it that there are so few women who participate in joke-telling, joke-sharing and joke-conjuring for then there would be an equal likelihood of bizarre and strange jokes about men and their habits.....

Who knows one day you might find some rabid feminist doing a 'study' on misogynistic humour and mobile phone jokes and then all the remnant wicked humour will be drained with nothing to replace them.

Hmm. I couldn't help but emit a "ha-ha" at the first one. It is ridiculous I know - but still. The second one makes me shudder. I'm not kidding.

Tata for now.
Shilpi